Thursday, June 18, 2009

Strawberry Cake

I have issues with "Diet Food." The terms"diet," "lowfat," and even "healthy" mean one thing to me-missing out. So far I've tried a couple recipes from the Weight watchers website that are pretty decent. This cake recipe comes from a website that catalogs Weight watchers recipes. I must admit I was skeptical when I first read the ingredients, but it was suprisingly good. Give this recipe a try and don't tell anybody it's "diet food." They'll never know the difference.

1 box white cake mix
6 egg whites, freeze your yolks for another time
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 cup water
16 oz. frozen strawberries, thawed and drained and mashed up
1 packet sugar free strawberry jello powder

Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Pour into bundt pan that's been greased and floured (or sprayed with Pam). Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Once cooled I sprinkled powdered sugar on top. Enjoy!

No comments: