Sunday, June 7, 2009

George Strait concert

On Saturday Erik and I were lucky enough to go to the George Strait concert in Ft. Worth. It was also the first event at the new Dallas Cowboys stadium. Let me just tell you, it was awesome. I still can't believe I got to go to this historic event. The bill was Julianne Hough, Blake Shelton, Reba McEntire, and of course, George Strait. The day of the concert Julianne Hough got sick and Lee Ann Womack flew in from her vacation in Florida to come sing. I'm actually really glad this happened because I love Lee Ann Womack, and she was awesome. We had decent seats, but you'll notice most of my pictures are of the jumbotron.


The view of the new stadium from the parking lot. It has the capacity to seat 100,000 and it has a retractable roof.

So excited to be at the concert!

The view from our seats directly across the stadium from the stage.


Everybody on stage looked really small, and our seats were $80! Those floor seats were $130.


Lee Ann Womack still looking good and filling in for Julianne. I would go see her in concert all by herself.





I wasn't really looking forward to Blake Shelton, but he really surprised me. He's a really good performer and he's funny too.





Reba tore up the place with her singing. She is an awesome performer and man can she sing live. Her band was also really good.





In her red dress after she came out to sing an encore of "Fancy."


The stadium really filled up right before George came on. He didn't start playing until after 9:30 pm.


George's backside.




What an artist. He only has 50+ number one's to sing. I think he sang about 13 or 14 songs.


We had a blast. It was a little unorganized with the people checking your tickets, and they ran out of food several times. By the way, the food was outrageous. Five bucks for a hot dog! I still can't believe I was actually there and got to hear these singers live!

No comments: