Sunday, April 5, 2009

A Must Read


Last week I read this book and literally could not put it down. Stephenie Meyer's (the author of the Twilight series, for the 2 of you who haven't read it yet) brother runs her website and recommended this book to her readers. I put it off for a while, as I had started the Diana Gabaldon Outlander series, so one day I finally requested it from the library and decided to try it out. Man, I wish it had a sequel that I could read right now. The book is listed under Teen Fiction, I think, but if you like Twilight you'll like this. The Hunger Games is about a girl in futuristic post-war American who participates in the Hunger Games put on every year by the Capitol. Basically 12 boys and 12 girls ( one from each district) battle it out in an arena as a way for the government to remind the people that rebellion will not be tolerated. I don't want to give too much away and there is so much more to the book than that. This book was so interesting I stayed up past eleven on nights when I had to work the next day! Read this book, and if you do leave a comment in this post.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Thanks Jessica, yeah that's a good idea. next time i'll take some pics of what I make :) I like the bare minerals, and it does stay on. I don't think I've mastered the application yet though. You do have to put on a few layers for more coverage too. But it really does look natural and you can't even tell there's make up on when you touch your face. I got a started kit for $60 and really just the brushes in the kit are worth that much, so it's a good deal if you want to try it.