Sunday, April 19, 2009

Ennis Bluebonnet Festival

Every year in Texas between March and when it gets so hot nothing can live the bluebonnets start cropping up. The bluebonnet is the state flower of Texas and I'm not sure if it's illegal to pick them. My mother and her fiance Tony flew down to Dallas this weekend and we met up with them at the Ennis Bluebonnet Festival, which is about an hour and a half north of us. Unfortunately the weather wasn't cooperating and it was drizzly and humid.


There are trails of bluebonnets that you can either drive or walk. Right after my mom took this picture of Erik and me she stepped in a huge fire ant hill and one foot was covered.

Gorgeous. This is the background on my computer now.

You see fields of these beautiful flowers along the highways and interstates. So pretty!

No comments: