Thursday, April 16, 2009

First Easter in Texas

I spent our first Easter Sunday here in Texas at work. Of course you guessed this, seeing as I have worked every major holiday since we moved. I was actually a little upset and depressed about it. Easter is a time of celebrating Christ's sacrifice on the Cross and spending time with family, and Erik had to go to church by himself. For the past 3 or so years I have spent Easter at Erik's grandmother's house with his family. This year we both missed everyone so much! It doesn't help that I also worked Good Friday, and Erik was off from school. It's ironic that I work at a Catholic hospital, and yet I don't get paid holiday pay for Easter Sunday. Hmpf.

Thank you to Erik's parents for thinking of us and sending us this sweet (literally) basket of cookies! They were so yummy!


No comments: