Monday, March 23, 2009

Spring Cleaning

Personally, I hate cleaning. I love the sense of peace and calm that a clean house gives me, but I don't like the effort put into it. Nevertheless I'm going to be using time on my days off to clear out some of the clutter that is in my house and do some of the deep cleaning that only gets done every so often. One of the ways I'm clearing out clutter is using an online service called PaperBackSwap.com. It's a free service where you list books by their ISBN numbers, then when someone wants your book you pay the postage and mail it to them. Also, when you want a book you just request it, and they send it to you. Erik and I have a lot of books lying around that we either don't plan on reading or have read and don't want to read again.

I have about 2 or 3 old cell phones lying around, and there are two services that I found online, Flipswap.com and Cellforcash.com where you mail them in your cell phone and they pay you. I got almost $18 for my old Motorola SLVR (which by the way was a piece of crap).

Woman's Day magazine is mailed to me free and I also get Southern Living. I have several old issues lying around, so I'm going to take those to work and put them in our nursery. When there's a baby in the nursery the poor nurse rarely gets to come out, so a little reading material is appreciated.

I if think of other useful spring cleaning tips I'll post them here. Happy Cleaning! (yeah right)

No comments: