Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Can I get an Amen! for productivity?

Every now and then I get an itching to be domestic and productive. Today was one of those days. Let me list what I've accomplished today:

1. Got up at 8:30 to walk and exercise Roxy for 30 minutes around the neighborhood.
2. Went to HEB for groceries, dropped off items at Goodwill, went to the bank.
3. Cleaned our guest bathroom including toilet and tub.
4. Did one load of laundry.
5. Put together ingredients for chili in the crockpot so I can turn it on when I leave for work tomorrow morning. I think my chili recipe is on this blog. If not, look up Jaime's Chili under Paula Deen recipes at Foodnetwork.com
6. Made Mongolian Beef Stirfry for my lunches for the next two days. See picture in below post.
7. Made a two layer vanilla cake with chocolate buttercream frosting. See post below.

All I have left to do is heat up last night's Spaghetti Pie and enjoy the evening with Erik. Trust me, it's not that often that I get this much done in one day. Especially on my first day off after working 3-12 hour shifts, I usually don't get up til 9:30 and then do practically nothing all day.

P.S. I wanted a cheap centerpiece for our table now that spring is in the air, so I bought some limes (5/$1), put them in a bowl, added some leaves from my Peace Lily, and an unused candle from this past fall. Not Martha Stewart caliber, but I'm working on a budget!

No comments: