Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy 4th of July

Our Fourth of July was kind of depressing. We had no family to picnic or barbeque with and no friends either. So Erik and I ate a huge brunch at IHOP (yum) then we saw a matinee showing of Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull. We didn't even get to see any fireworks. I did remember during the day the troops in Iraq and elsewhere overseas that haven't seen their families in months and I felt for them. As much fun as it has been living in a new place, sometimes you get lonely for a familiar face. At least Erik and I have each other!
On another note things have been going better at work. I no longer feel as if I'm being hazed and I'm getting better at prioritizing my tasks and dealing with psycho patients. obviously being of sound mind is not a prerequisite for getting pregnant, and that is difficult to deal with! However, it is a joy to welcome new life into the world.
Erik is ready to start school, but he has about a month and half before classes start. I'm also ready for him to start school so we can meet people and get this law school thing going. He is going to be insanely busy and it will be just like when I was in nursing school, only no homework for me! Woo-hoo!
The pictures of Roxy were taken some time this weekend. This is her "little lamb" look. It's also her "I'm gonna go pee on something to get these people back" look. :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your corgi is so cute! I hope you guys are doing well. :)