Monday, June 30, 2008

Missing Jake and Muffin

Friday my stepdad Greg had to put down Muffin and Jake, my cat and dog back home. I was so sad to hear it, especially since I've had both of them since I was 9 years old. I remember when we got Jake, a Schipperke. He was so small and looked like a bear cub. Then my mom got Muffin to get rid of all the vermin outside, because we lived out in the country. Both animals were very particular about who they'd let pet them, and when Erik came to visit me in Clarksville Muffin was immediately attached to him. As you can see by the picture, she would jump up on his lap and lay there until he would move. This was very unusual behavior for this cat! I couldn't find any pictures of Jake on my computer, but this one of Erik and Muffin was taken sometime before we were married. I really miss those animals, and I know that pets aren't people, but to us pets are family.


2 comments:

Erik said...

I look creepy in that picture :-)

Jessica said...

You look like I just caught you and Muffin making out.