Sunday, February 8, 2009

Our whirlwind 2 weeks

It's been a while since I posted but we've been very busy here in Texas. Because Erik is on the quarter system at Baylor, he takes final exams every 3 months. Basically that means for 2 weeks Erik spends all his time studying, breaking only for meals and we don't see very much of each other. I thought that would be a good opportunity to fly to Arkansas for Ethan's 5th birthday on Jan. 31st. Before that, though, Roxy desperately needed a bath. This is her hiding under Erik's desk before her bath. The shot I didn't get is when she ran out of the house after her bath and rolled in dirt.

So on Friday Jan. 30th I drove to Dallas Love Field ( can I just say that I hate Dallas? The traffic is so bad!) by myself and flew to Little Rock. On Saturday Ethan's party was at his daycare which also houses a gymnastics place.


Here is the birthday boy! He had a pirate themed party complete with a pirate hat, eyepatches, and swords.


Ethan and his friends got to play at this huge play-place, (think McDonald's x 10), an obstacle course, trampolines, and a treasure hunt. This is my favorite shot of Ethan jumping off the huge bouncy-thing. He had such a good time!






5 years old! I just can't believe it!

I had such a good time and I got to see my grandparents as well. We watched the Super Bowl on Sunday, played lots of Wii tennis and ping pong, and then I had to fly back. The flight back was really terrible. Every single seat was full and a rather, um, hefty lady sat next to me. Plus the plane kept dipping and shaking. At one point I was so nervous I spilled my ginger ale all over the flight attendant. I'm not usually a nervous flyer, but I was so ready to be back on the ground! Immediately I went back to work on Tue-Wed-Thur. On a good note, I was Providence Labor and Delivery's Employee of the Month for January! You are nominated by your peers, and I found out later that my preceptor Karen nominated me. I was actually quite surprised, because I had such a hard time adjusting to these people when I first started. It will look great on my resume someday!



Today (Sunday) after church Erik had to go up to the law school to work on his next quarter's assignment, so I thought I would do something nice for him. For me, doing something nice for somebody always means cooking or baking them something. I had a pint of strawberries in the fridge and some chocolate chips so I made chocolate dipped strawberries! I actually added some butterscotch chips because I didn't have enough chocolate, and they were great! Yum!

No comments: