Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Our trip to Tennessee

Erik and I went back to our roots with a much needed trip home to TN. We flew out of Austin and spent almost five hours at the airport due to flight delays, but we made it home! On Saturday Stephanie and Jennifer Ryan came to see me in Nashville and we went shopping at Opry Mills and Target, as well as a stop for Mexican food. The only thing missing was Rebecca!

An off-center shot of the three of us in Greg's huge truck that he let me drive while we were in town. Opry Mills was insane and it started raining like crazy while I was trying to take this!

Saturday night we headed to Murfreesboro to Erik's great-grandmother's house. Most of his mom's family was there. Erik, myself, and Stephanie (now Henry!) were part of the green sweater club.

Sunday after church we opened presents with Erik's mom, dad, and sister. I love my Corgi calendar!




Sunday night we had dinner with my mom and family and opened presents. My brother Austin leaves on the 28th for basic training with the Air Force in San Antonio!



Erik had to take his picture with Elvis at Opry Mills.

Monday we headed to Martin and stopped by the Breedens to see our old friends, Gavin and Shalaine. We miss them so much! Hopefully we'll all be back in TN in the future!


Monday night we went to Jackson to have the Fuqua Christmas at the Casey Jones Village Old Country Store. Erik's dad's family live all over the place and it was so nice to get everyone together and not have to worry about cooking and cleaning up! Thanks to Erik's mom Pam for putting that together.

As you can tell, we had a whirlwind trip, and even though I was sad to leave, it's nice to be back in my own house with my dogs and my own bed! There were so many people we didn't get to see due to time constraints, but we'll be back again soon, although we don't know when. Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Melody said...

Aw, so nice to see some familiar faces in your post! :) Hope all is well in TX... You guys look great!