Sunday, December 14, 2008

Our Trip to Austin

I have wanted to go see the Lady Vols play for a long time, and lucky for us, they played in Austin Sunday against Texas. We live about 90 minutes from Austin and the tickets were only $14, so it was an easy decision to make. We went to Austin Saturday and stayed at the Hyatt in downtown. This is the view from our room. It would have been perfect except there was a Christmas party going on in their ballroom with loud booming music all night.



We had great seats. 12th row back!

The starters this year are young. Three freshman and two sophomores, I think.
Erik before the game. For some reason people who got our Christmas cards think Erik has gained lots of weight. I can testify that he is as skinny as ever and that it was a bad angle in the photo.
I am blurry but excited before the game. I have also not gained any weight since moving here. Ahem.
A giant blimp of BBQ sauce. It must be a Texas thing. By the way, I've had Texas brisket which is what people eat here for BBQ, and it's nothing compared to TN pulled pork.
The score at halftime. Tied up.
Blue cotton candy. Yum. I enjoyed this while TN proceeded to LOSE. C'mon girls!
We had a great time and stopped at World Market in Round Rock on the way home for lots of goodies.

No comments: