Monday, October 27, 2008

House of Mouse

Note: The image you are about to see may disturb you.

Last Tuesday I found small droppings in the cabinet under my sink. I suspected mice, but I thought the droppings were too small to be mice. I googled "mice poop" and in fact, it was mice poop. I bought 4 mouse traps, 2 of the De-Con traps and 2 old fashioned wood traps. I set one De-con trap in the cabinet under the sink, one in the space between the fridge and the wall, and an old fashioned one between the fridge and the wall. Thirty minutes later I hear a "Snap!" and one of the De-con traps was closed. Erik was asleep so I made him throw it away the next morning. I thought the mouse was caught. I was wrong. I worked from 7 am until 11 pm on Thursday and came home exhausted and went straight to bed. Friday morning I get up around 9 and just casually glance at the remaining traps I left out just in case. To my horror, the old fashioned trap was flipped over with a mouse carcass sticking out. I immediately texted Erik and told him to come home as soon as his classes were over, and that I had caught the mouse. Well, Erik calls me at lunchtime and said, "I saw the dead mouse this morning but I wanted to leave it for you to see since you wanted to catch the mouse." Hello!!! Can you feel the love? Here is the picture I took of the dead mouse. Dee-scusting.


No comments: