Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Crockpot Chicken Paprikash

In a effort to save money and stick to a budget, I've been building a list of 30 meals that I can cook during the month. I got to #10 and realized that I was about 20 meals short! Now, I can cook a lot of things and put meals together, but I wanted 30 easy to make meals. So Monday I traveled through the blogosphere and found some new recipes. One of them was Crockpot Chicken Paprikash. Let me tell you, I love the crockpot. I am always in search of good crockpot meals, because they are so easy! This dish tasted great and I made homemade mashed potatoes to go with it. You can always throw in a green vegetable side to round out the full meal. Here's the recipe.

cooking spray
2 c. mushrooms, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 tsp. garlic
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 tsp. paprika
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 c. chicken broth
2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 T. flour
1/2 c. sour cream

Saute mushrooms, onion, garlic, and bell pepper in a pan coated with cooking spray for 5 minutes. Stir in paprika, salt, and pepper. Put mixture into crockpot. Put chicken breasts (they can even be frozen) into crockpot. Add broth. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours. Stir in flour and sour cream and allow to cook another 10 minutes then serve.

This recipe makes really tender chicken and a nice sauce. Yum!

Note: Some of the recipes I try don't turn out great. This week I tried making "Chili spaghetti." Um, it wasn't the best, and it tasted like cheap canned chili, which was appropriate because that was a main ingredient.

No comments: