Monday, June 27, 2011

Three Months of Locke

The last month has really flown by. We closed on our house, began updating it, and Locke got his first illness. My dad, grandmother, and little brother Ethan came for a visit Father's Day weekend and I could tell on that Friday that Locke wasn't feeling well. That night he woke up in the middle of the night crying and inconsolable. He had a low-grade fever so I gave him some Tylenol. He fussed the rest of the night and since he was sleeping in our room none of us got any sleep! His temperature spiked Saturday night but after a cool bath and some more Tylenol it broke and he started feeling better. Unfortunately his schedule got all screwed up and a lot of that is my fault. His nose was stuffy so it was hard for him to breathe and nurse at the same time, which meant he wasn't eating well, and therefore I let him eat whenever he wanted instead of on his schedule. It's been over a week since Locke got sick and we're still working through schedule issues. The bonus of all this is that he has moved to a 3.5 hour nursing schedule instead of every 3 hours. That extra half hour provides even more freedom for us when running errands, at church, going out to eat, etc.

I don't know Locke's weight because we haven't been back to the doctor since his two month appointment. I usually have to feed Locke in a quiet room without the ceiling fan on (very distracting for the little man!) so that he can focus on eating. I guess one of the downsides of breastfeeding is that Locke is very easily distracted and/or he falls asleep easily. His major milestones are rolling to his side, discovering his feet, and laughing. My child's laugh is one of the best sounds in the whole world! One of the bittersweet things about parenting is that you love the new things they do as they grow up, but it's so sad to watch them grow and know they'll never be that little again. Today I was putting away Locke's newborn and 0-3 months clothes and I almost started crying! I was remembering the little navy elephant sleeper that Locke wore his first day in the hospital. Or the blue gown I bought for him at Canton that he wore on the way home from the hospital . Or the Star Wars onesie that Erik liked so much. Such good memories!

I try not to let Locke fall asleep on me or take naps outside of his swing or his crib but on this day I had tried to wake him up to eat and this is what he did.


He's not super chunky but he's really long. He grew out of his 0-3 month sleepers because his feet were pushing out of them. I love the sleepers with animals on the feet!


Everybody says how much Locke looks like Erik. I'd like to think he has a little bit of me in him, too.


My toothless 7 year old brother absolutely loves Locke. He wanted to hold him the whole time they were here. I love these boys so much!

No comments: