Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Two Months of Locke

Yesterday my baby turned 2 months old and it breaks my heart. I never had this sense of time fleeting until Locke was born and in the blink of an eye he was a week old.

Things that I love about 2 months:
A) He learned to suck his thumb! I may pay for this later on in dental fees, but this kid refuses to take a pacifier and anything that soothes him that's not breastfeeding is fine with me!
B) His smiles. Oh, I live for those smiles. He can be having a crabby day (rare) and I get him to smile and my whole world lights up. There is just something about your baby smiling at you-I wouldn't trade it for anything.
C) He is sleeping through the night-almost. Right now I nurse him around 7, he has a bath, sometimes we read a book depending on his level of fussy/tiredness and lay him down. I dreamfeed him at 10 and then lay him back down. Sometimes he wakes up at 4 to eat, but the past 2 nights he has woken up, made a few noises, and then gone back to sleep on his own. He wakes up between 7- 7:30 and I let him hang out in there for a few minutes if he wakes up crying. I don't know why, but if he wakes up crying and I immediately go get him he is in a bad mood until it's time to sleep again. If I give him a few minutes to calm down on his own, he is as happy as he can be.
D) He got his first round of shots yesterday so now I feel comfortable taking him out in public. Since we've moved the only places he's been are church where I hold him the whole time, Berry Bear- a fro yo place that Erik loves, and to Martin for a family gathering. He's never even been to Target-that's a big deal because when I was pregnant I was there every week!

I was a little skeptical meeting our pediatrician yesterday because I'm not familiar with any docs here in Clarksville. However, he was really nice, spent a lot of time with us and addressed all our concerns. Sunday Locke developed a rash all over his tummy, around his mouth, and on his legs. I assumed it was because I ate a couple shrimp at a restaurant that day and was afraid he might have a shellfish allergy, but the doc said that might not be the case. Also Locke tends to look only to the right and has done that since birth. He can and will look to the left but really prefers the right and our doc said he has some tightness in his neck muscles and gave me some exercises to do at home.

We sure do love our little boy! When I was pregnant I was skeptical that I could enjoy or even want to stay home with a baby. How naive I was! I could spend all day talking and playing and taking care of this kid. Erik and I really love being parents and we love that Locke gets to be around his family. I still really miss Waco, sometimes so much that it's all I can do not to hop on a plane and go back, but I know that these days are precious and I'm glad our families get to enjoy Locke.

Birth Day!


One month old! I never did take a picture of just Locke on this day, which was Easter. It might have had something to do with the fact that we were moving, I was emotional, and we had no place to live! Easter was the last leg of our move and we stopped 2 places that day to see family.



2 months old! Just look at that face! I am still in love with those chins!

As of yesterday Locke weighed 11 pounds 8 ounces, having gained 3 pounds in 6 weeks. He was 24 inches long. 50th percentile for weight and 75th percentile for height.

No comments: