Sunday, August 24, 2008

Our trip to Hot Springs, Arkansas

Last week I had 5 days off in a row (wow!) so Erik and I drove the 6 hours to my dad's house in Hot Springs. We went out on the boat, visited my 92 year- old great grandmother, went to Target, had a birthday party for my brother Austin, and watched A LOT of the Olympics. We had a great time.

Ethan Drake Shepherd, age 4, in my dad's minivan at Target.

Austin turned 19 on August 16th and Ethan and I made the cake for him.

Can you tell we're related?

Silly faces. I'm actually surprised at how many pictures Ethan let me take of him. Normally he runs from the camera unless it's his idea to take the picture. Then again, he's four.

Yum, good cake.

Happy birthday brother!

Two of the grandkids and Mimi. I'm the shortest one. :-(

Ethan all ready for a day on the boat! He has matching shark swim trunks and a hat.

Here he is "centering his chi." When he does this he actually says, "Ooohmm."

Every boat trip this kid's been on he falls asleep.

Erik and myself.

Too cute.
In other news Erik starts school tomorrow officially and I'm working like a crazy woman this week, so that's all for now!


2 comments:

The Westmorelands said...

nice shirt, erik. ohhhh, how i miss y'all!!! you would not believe. i'm working on making some new friends around here, though. i hope the first week of law school goes great! keep us posted!

Unknown said...

Great pictures Jessica! It looks like ya'll had a big time. Ethan is so cute. Don't work too hard this week. Tell Erik not to study too hard. I love ya'll!