Saturday, April 19, 2008

Tales from the Kennel.....

Last night I had a terrifying dream (nightmare?) that I was back working at the dog kennel that I worked at during the summer before college. I took this job thinking, I love animals, how great would this be to work with them all day? Little did I know that my summer would be filled with poop, poop, and you guessed it, more poop. Don't get me wrong, this was a swank kennel that housed not only dogs but a cat room and a grooming parlor. Unfortunately my job was to come in at 7 am sharp, take out all the dogs to do their business in the big grassy lot by the kennel, clean up the business the dogs left in their runs, and feed them. I did more cleaning that summer than ever before. My boss was seriously OCD about everything and he fired people left and right. I was scared the whole summer that I was going to get fired and I didn't even go on my youth group's mission trip out of fear of losing my job. I have lots of horror stories about dog poop that I could tell, but I'll spare my reading audience. Needless to say, when I was dreaming of being back at that job last night it was disturbing. Funny thing, I moved on from dog poop to people poop in about one year's time!

No comments: