Monday, April 28, 2008

The Last Real Day of School

This is one of many posts to come in the next few weeks of "lasts" and "firsts." Today we had Nursing Excellence Day which was a program put on my senior class for our senior project in my Leadership and Management class. I am so glad it's over! It was also the last real day of school left in my college career. For some people this would have been a sad day, but I was very happy. I'm not sad to be graduating. The past 3 years of school have been difficult, stressful, and demanding, with none of the fun time that college students normally get to have. Sometimes I feel like I got cheated out of a great college experience, but then I think about my new job, my sign on bonus, and the fact that I have a solid future and I'm not so depressed! Most of my other friends who majored in easy stuff don't have a job yet or even the prospect of one. God has definitely provided for Erik and me, and we're both ready to start a new life in Texas. What's funny is that Erik is really starting to get excited about law school. Nerd.

No comments: