Friday, March 14, 2008

Spring Break, Texas Style


We went to Waco, Texas for part of my spring break this year. Mostly it was a "business type" trip, not really for pleasure. However, we had a great time! We'll be moving there in mid-May and we went to see Baylor campus, which is gorgeous by the way, and for me to do some job interviews. Success! I got a job at one of the hospitals in town and I am so excited! Finally, the 3 years of pure torture in nursing school have paid off! We went to Redeemer Presbyterian Church while we were there and we really look forward to joining their congregation after we move. Erik spent some time in the law building on campus and he is super pumped about starting back to school. Ironic, huh? We had dinner with our favorite neighbors, the Achuffs, who moved there in February. This is such an exciting time for us, and Waco/Baylor seem like the perfect fit. I can definitely feel God's hand in leading us there.
We actually didn't take any pictures even though I brought my camera, but here is a picture of the Judge Baylor House B&B where we stayed. Ironically, the people who run it are from Union City (about 15 minutes from Martin) and they both graduated from UTM! What a small world!

No comments: