Sunday, January 20, 2008

Italian Soup

I've decided to start posting some of the recipes I use during the week, since people are always asking me and I'm constantly searching for new meal ideas. This soup comes from my pastor's wife, Reni Bumpas, who served this after church one Sunday. It's so comforting and it's the equivalent ( in my opinion) to American chicken noodle soup.
Italian Soup
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 14 oz. cans of chicken broth
3 14 oz. cans of Italian diced or stewed tomatoes
1 pkg. bow tie pasta
1 bag fresh spinach
1 tsp. dried basil
Parmesan cheese

Saute garlic in olive oil over medium heat for about 30 seconds-1 minute. Add broth and bow tie. Bring to a boil then simmer for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, spinach and basil. Simmer another 5 minutes. Serve sprinkled with cheese and crusty garlic bread.

No comments: