Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Black Cloud

I'm sure most of you who read our blog regularly know by now that my grandfather passed away last Wednesday and the funeral was last Friday. On another sad note, Erik's maternal grandfather passed away early this morning. Both of our grandfathers had cancer. I was unable to attend Poppy's funeral due to work responsibilities, which seems cold, however when you are the main bread winner and paid hourly you just can't miss 2 days of work in a row. I was and am pretty upset about it, mostly because I wanted to be there for my grandmother. While Poppy's passing was very unexpected because his cancer treatment seemed to be going well, Erik's grandfather was very sick. We were fortunate enough to see him on our 1800 mile round trip during Thanksgiving. Both of these men had been married to their wives for 35 plus years and left a lot of people mourning their passing. Our community group at church has graciously volunteered to bring a few meals by our house over the next week, of which I feel totally undeserving and humbled. They have wrapped us in prayer and we are so honored to be a part of this church family. Thank you to everyone who has prayed for us.

P.S. I have been trying to post pictures of our trip from Thanksgiving but for some reason Blogger will not let me. I don't know if the file size is too big or what but I'll keep trying.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh Jessica I'm so sorry to hear about your families losses. We'll be praying for you.

Unknown said...

I'll be praying for you and Erik. It's hard to lose family members in the middle of the holidays. I'm so glad you have such a wonderful community of believers to encourage you!